Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sunburned

Here are some pictures of the trip down to Tucson. Above is Monument Valley from a long ways away at sunset. It was a beautiful drive, as usual, through MV.We camped near Flagstaff at 7000 ft. Some snow, and a temp in the morning of 22 degrees, however, it was around 85 degrees in our sleeping bag according to my watch.
Below is my brand new Fisher Hi Fi Carbon on its first ride. She is 26.5 lbs with a Gravity Dropper post. Lightest bike I have ever had. She's so dang light she's a bit skitish, or it could be i'm not used to riding on the ball bearing rocks of the Sonoran desert.



First ride was on the new Black Canyon Trail near Black Canyon City. This is a must ride! As Noah said in his blog, "it will blow your mind all over your face." It is perfectly built and made to flow. It's easy to find, just off the interstate.



The pics and video below are from today. Mary has been struggling for some time with her hand tendinitus. This was her first ride since October. She had me prepared to just take a casual ride, and then she freakin dropped me! Right off the start she was hammering and I was struggling to keep her in sight. Thats my girl!








No comments: