Friday, February 20, 2009

Mary's Birthday, Dogs, A Bike Race

Mary got me all dressed up for her birthday. We had a nice dinner at her favorite place, Mimi's Cafe.

Gustifson has a new little friend. Jake, or as I call him, "whine bag." Jake climbs in bed with us in the mornings and gets Gus pretty jealous. Gus has even taken to whining to try and get what he wants.


The 2009 24 hours in the Old Pueblo. Team Scofflaw rides again. This time I was riding instead of wrenching, taking the place of the fallen Jacques Hadler. The course was smooth, fast and really good for people who like to mash the big ring. I hate smooth trails, I only go fast down hill, and I haven't used a big ring in 5 years. Not looking good for Team Scofflaw.



Picture before Lap one above, and me running to the start of lap one.

I had a good first lap, only 4 min behind Nikki, our fast female rider. We were in 5th place through the day, and then we imploded. As I left on my night lap Nikki was throwing up, and Dave was about to also. My night lap was fun, I was going fast, feeling good, then my legs just turned to mush. Climbing the final climb i was in my granny, getting passed by everyone. No one was there to greet me as I came into the tent. Eventually Scotty and Chris turned double laps through the night as I slept, trying to keep it alive. I awoke at sunrise to all of our bikes in camp. No one was riding. Team Scofflaw had become Team Implosion. We were done.

No comments: