Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ice Storm

Headed home to Missouri last week to see the family and my good buddy Nic Nelson. We got a bike ride in out at Glade Top Trail, just hours before the ice storm hit. It wasn't much of a ride, it was actually a chance to work on Nic's bike, in the woods, while freezing cold. First, Nic flatted, then he broke my pump. I used duct tape to make my pump barely work, and then we both had one more flat each, along with losing Nic's brake pads. Pretty typical Big Nicky Styles bike ride, i'd do it again in a heart beat.
Nic's boy Lucas says "CHEESE"


Mary snapped these pics of some of the ice on the trees.

And I took the one below.


Pre mountainbiking blast from the past. Yup, thats me, circa 1998. Sadly thats not a down puffy jacket, its all me, all 180lbs!



From left to right, Me, Big Nicky Styles (Nic Nelson), Old B (Brian Beeler) and my underage little brother Jaron, now a Border Patrolman.

Drink of choice----Old Natty Light!

No comments: