Saturday, October 4, 2008

Manti La Sal Mountains Gold Moto Ride

I spent the last day of September in the La Sal Mountains above Moab during the most amazing time of the year. Cliff Kootz led a group of us on a maze of awesome singletrack through some of the most amazing aspen groves on this planet.
We started the ride on jeep roads well below the mountains on the eastern slope, between the La Sals and the Uncompahgre Plateau.The yellow aspen's covered the mountains like a golden fuzz. The sun would come out from behind clouds and illuminate or spotlight ceartain areas. Amazing!The riding is really good up there, very lightly traveled moto singletrack just tight enough to make ya work for it. I found out my desert width handlebars need a little trimming.Lunch was at a great spot overlooking the southern group of the La Sals just below the shoulder of Mt. Peale.











1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had an awsome ride...I'd taken my XR250R on lots of trails surrounding Moab but never made it up to the La Sals. Looks like I may have to work on that when I make a trip State Side.
Take Care,
Chip