Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Happy Trails

Gus and I rode the Eastern Rim Trail this morning out in Rabbit Valley. It was in the 50's and a perfect day for an old dog to go on a ride. Gus was dressed in his best, a sun reflecting Loui Garneau T-shirt.Oh how the seasons are a changin'The trail conditions were perfect today, the weekend rain leaving the sand packed and the dirt tacky. The Eastern Rim trail is becoming more and more fun as the dirtbikes spin the soil away from the drops making them bigger. I found the bottom end of my Fox Vanilla quite a few times.And whats a blog update without me staring out across a "desert wasteland."Gustifson found his perfect spot along the trail. It was beginning to warm up and this "Gus Pond" was just what an old boy needed. We hung out here a while and let the world float by.After lunch I dropped Gus off in Fruita to rest. Noah and I grabbed a bite to eat and headed out for a Horse Thief ripp. On the way back we explored some slick rock riding and a chute that Max road the other day bridging to the Rustlers Loop. I want to go back with my Remedy and my full face helmet and ride this line. It looks really cool! Happy Trails!!!


No comments: