Sunday, October 25, 2009

Some Thanks are due...

Whew!!!!!! I'm REALLY tired! But, before I head off for another round of sleep I need to get these THANK YOU'S off of my mind.

First--Thanks goes to my wife, and without a doubt my biggest supporter, Mary. She suffered through the long day of frantic pit stops and her husbands shaky nerves. She also put up with the years of ups and downs it took me to get to this point. Thank you my girl! You are the best!

Second--My team! (in no particular order)
Keith Lay-- From the Midwest too, Keith came to Grand Jct a cross country geek on a Ti hard tail. Now he rides a Remedy and can hang with the best of em. I will never forget the final miles of Flat Pass last night, rallying our bikes like we had only been out for an hour. Keith rode two of the major trails with me yesterday , nearly half a Centurion. Thanks! and couldn't have finished without you!

Tim Walsh-- Tim played a crucial role in my ride yesterday. He paced me from the halfway point out to Amasaback. This was my lowest point of the day. Having his wheel in front of me got me through. Tim is in his late 50's yet rides Moab gnar like someone much younger. Tim, I hope I am half as fast as you when I am your age. Thanks!

Dez Garmin-- My pit Mom! Dez helped keep the wheels from falling off. Knowing she was there to keep Mary on track was an enormous load off of my mind. Dez also is quite a good bike rider and kicks boy butt all the time. Thanks!

Gregory Luck-- Greg is the only one who can capture by camera what I really see out there on these amazing trails. His photography is art. There will be much more to come as we start going through the pictures from yesterday. Greg rode the Moab Rim with me, near sunset, so stay tuned! Thanks Greeeg!

Third-- People who called and checked in.
Mom and Dad---It's so good to have parents that support what I do, however crazy it may seem. Knowing that you called was an instant boost. I got to hear your message on Moab Rim. I love you guys!

My Bro Jaron, thanks for keeping tabs. Love ya!

My other Mom and Dad Adamson. We were able to base my ride from their house here in Moab. It doesn't get any sweeter than that. Thanks for your support. Jim stayed up to see me when I got home last night. I barely could talk at that point. Thank you!

Nic Nelson (said in robot voice, of course) The effort you make to keep in touch means so much. Despite the miles between us, you are my best friend. Thanks for all the support.

Caleb Coleman, my other bestfriend. Thanks for the pre ride email!

Andy Adamson, my other brother, and a Centurion winner a few years back! Thanks for your support!

Steve Langello, thanks for the call, sorry we missed you. Moab Rim lit UP last night.

Jacques Hadler---Jacques and I have both been through some horrible injury's in the last few years. He is the king of the comeback. Thanks for calling and I am glad you are back on the bike, although the fact that you are already faster than me is annoying!

Nancy Morlock--- Queen Moab ripper! When are you going to do the Centurion? Thanks for checkin in!

George Rosangana-- Geo stayed back at the shop and kept things running while Mary and I took off for a really long ride. Thanks for your support!

(Boss) Chris Brown-- Boss thanks for the flexibility in work schedule. It made it easy to time this ride with the Trek Launch.

TrekFolks--

Rad Ross Schnell-- Ross found me along the road to Amasaback during my worst moments. He gave me a pep talk and rode with me for a bit. Having the All Mtn and Single Speed World Champion give you a pep talk is some pretty good stuff. It helped me break the "I wanna quit" cycle. Thanks so much!

Larry Young-- My Trek Rep. Larry gave me clothing for the ride and hooked me up with the right people at Trek to make this ride be more than "just a ride." Larry also spurred me to blog the ride so people could keep up with it online. Thanks for the support.

Michael Browne-- Trek Mtn bike brand manager. Michael made me a star on Friday, allowing me the chance to present The Centurion to 16 of the worlds best bike industry journalists. He also had me on stage in front of all of Treks pro athletes, guys I've seen on TV and posters since I was a wee little cross country geek. It was a humbling experience, THANKS!

My Health Team
Sheri Covey-- Sheri has virtually eliminated the pain that used to wreck my back. I used to feel fragile. Sheri fixed that. Check out http://www.ortho-bionomy.org/

Sara Wilcox-- When Sheri left for Boston I was terrified that I would crash and then not be able to be fixed, but Sheri's "young padawan learner" has kept me together in the last few months. Yesterday I had NO hand issues! Thanks Sara!

Mario Calderone-- Mario has eliminated my nagging foot problems. Last year I could barely walk after a ride or a day of work. I had zero foot pain in my Mario equipped Shimano shoes. Amazing! (Shoe Design! 648 Main Street Grand Junction, CO, 81501----- 970.243.4777. )

Equipment
VIVA LA REMEDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Trek Remedy is hands down the best all mtn bike made! I punished it yesterday. Across Goldbar are chest high drops to flat landings. By that point I was botching landings, but it ate it up. And then on FlatPass, late last night, I gave up on attempts at smoothness and just plowed into everything. There is a section of "adult human head" sized rocks near the end. Not only did I hit it at full speed, I pedaled through it. Keith followed me on his Remedy. We were giggling it was so absurd how fast we hit it.

Shimano XTR rear wheel. The lightest rideable wheel out there. It was making funny noises, but it did not fail me or bend or go out of true. If they would just make a 20mm through axle front so I could run em as a set!

Shimano XT crank and front der. Not a single missed shift, despite the horribleness of creek crossings and sand mixed together.

Dumondtech lube. I only lubed the chain once the whole day!

RockShox Lyrik coil fork. BUTTER!

Kenda Nevegal front tire 2.35 -- Some would say you can't ride 100 miles off road on heavy tires. Shut up weight weenies! The xtra weight was worth every railed corner and smashed into ledge.

Maxxis Crossmark rear 2.1 tire. This is one tough little fast rolling tire.

Well thats it for now. Much more to come with photo's.

Landon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Landon - You make us all proud! Laura