Saturday, October 24, 2009

So much for Sleepy Time...

OK, so it's 3:40 in the morning. I woke up at 3:00. I was supposed to get up at 3:55. Well, at least I won't oversleep. Gustifson is here with me, he knows it's a big day. He'll get his chance to ride/run with me, probably over Amasaback Trail this afternoon. He was with me in 07 too, when we watched the other end of the day slip behind the rocks of Canyonlands.

This year so many of my friends are supporting me, quite a few will ride sections with me. This should have an amazing effect on my morale as I start heading toward the "darker places" tonight. It can get pretty weird out there, with nothing but a beam of light separating you from the cartoonish landscape of frozen sandstone and the monolithic outlines of distant cliffs.

It's 3:55, time to get up. Here goes somethin.....

"Comandon' Landon"

No comments: