Monday, November 17, 2008

Dusty Trails to Nowhere...

More rehab for the cracked ribs. Gus and I took a trip to..... can you guess? Moab? Monument Valley? Nope, just good ole Gateway Colorado, only 45 min from home. I did manage to stray into Utah for just a bit though.


Only in Utah can a state line sign be nothing more than a metal pole with words welded to it.







Some pictures of rocks. I really like taking pictures of rocks.




Gustifson was digging the day out. Sixty degrees and sunny, not bad for November.











I followed a road which turned into a jeep road which turned into an ATV trail which turned into a motorcycle trail which turned into a hiking trail. I got the truck as far as the motorcycle trail and Gus and I hoofed it from there. I was sure it was going to a mine or a stellar view, but we just hiked up to a dead end of scrub brush and cactus.


And then as I turned around to go back I got my reward. We had climbed high enough to see above the plateau and get a peek at the back side of the La Sal Mountains. It was worth it after all.

No comments: