Monday, April 20, 2009

General Motors and Trek to Sponsor me this year.....

Since the Trek/VW race team recently disbanded Trek has been looking for a new automotive sponsor to fill the void left by Volkswagon. Despite talks of GM's financial crisis they happily stepped up to the plate to take care of Treks more talented racers transportation needs. I am the happy beneficiary of this new deal. Pictured below is my Trek Remedy with my new matching Corvette, custom rear mount bike rack included.

Talking with Trek sponsored racer Ross Schnell recently about his new race deal, he was proud to show me that SRAM had kicked in some blingy matching orange derailleurs and Crank Brothers hooked him up with snazzy orange Iodine wheels. Well frankly I'm not impressed. My sponsorship deal is head and shoulders better than his. I am sure my strong results in the Throwdown race series helped me to attain this new sponsorship.



And in other news we rode Goldbar Rim today! Yea it was pretty sweet.

Above: Merrick takes a digger. More of a SPLAT actually. It was very ugly as his bike just stopped and he kept going.

Blom drops into the Portal View point.
Merrick drops into the Portal View Point.
I had a good day out there, dabbing only 11 time the entire day. Cleaned the uphill, and cleaned the Portal! YAY! No wonder they gave me a new Corvette!

No comments: